Activities and Travel at Mundo Spanish School
We include recreational, cultural and educational activities into the Spanish program. Most of the activities are free of charge and some of them require a small fee. The program changes from week to week and we offer a large variety of activities.
- Orientation tour upon arrival
What FREE activities can I do in Antigua Guatemala?
- Sports: Football, Volleyball, Basketball, etc.
- Dance classes - Salsa and Merengue
- Walks to "El Cerro de la Cruz" with fantastic views of Antigua
- Conversation classes
- "Clase de Manualidades" - learn how to make some of the local craftwork
- Happy hours - party time at the school!!
- Visits to voluntary projects
- Visit to Jade factory
- Visit to Artisans factory
- Visit to the Silver factory
- Hiking the Pacaya Volcano
Other activities available:
- Visit to ruins
- Visit to Hotel Santo Domingo and museum
- Visit to casa K'ojom
- Visit to Capuchinas or Santa Clara
- Cooking classes
Salsa Classes (free of charge once a week)
Every week the school offers you the opportunity to take salsa classes with local teachers. If you like dancing and you are ready to explore the rhythm of latin music, do not hesitate to stop by the office and ask about the day and time for the next salsa class. For further information, contact us NOW!
Hike to Cerro de La Cruz (free of charge)
If you like hiking and sightseeing, please ask your teacher or go to the school office for information about our next hike. Cerro de La Cruz is one of the highest hills around Antigua Guatemala and from here you get the opportunity to appreciate the entire city. The teacher or member of staff in charge of the activity will provide information about the history of Antigua Guatemala, the ruins, buildings and highlights of our beautiful colonial city. We look forward to any questions you may have about Antigua.